Welcome to the 2018-2019 Gananda Ski Club!
We are pleased to announce our ski club dates this year
will be on the following Saturday evenings:
January 5, January 12, January 19, January 26, February 2, and February 9
Some Housekeeping Items:
- When you sign up for your school club pass, you will receive free lessons so be sure to take advantage of the lessons to enhance your skills; no matter what level you ride at, you can always improve! There is an option to purchase lessons online if you are a student with a season pass. DO NOT purchase lessons unless you have a season pass and want lessons.
- Helmets are a very important part of your safety equipment; it is required that each child has and wears a helmet. You may rent or purchase a helmet from Bristol but can usually find a sale on helmets for about the same price.
- Students are expected to follow the Gananda Code of Conduct and obey the Bristol Mountain and New York State Skier Responsibility Code. If your child commits an infraction you will be notified within twenty-four hours.
- One person from each family is invited to volunteer as a chaperone. Chaperones will be given a lift ticket the day they are riding. Chaperones will be required to assist in the transportation of equipment in their own vehicles, escort new skiers to lessons, ski with new members, as well as sit in the lodge if need be. This ensures that students will always be able to access an adult. Chaperones will be picked through a lottery system.
- Below you will find important information about how to purchase your pass, upload a photo for your pass, and the medical form you will need to fill out and return.
- Below you will also find information on the Scott Delforte Scholarship. This scholarship is intended for students who would not be able to participate in the program without assistance. The scholarship will provide the recipient with all of the registration fees required to participate in their school club. It will also include any necessary rental equipment. The winner of the scholarship is determined by the board members of the Scott Delforte Foundation. All applications are due by October 19, 2018.
To Order Passes:
- Log on to www.bristolmountain.com prior to November 16, 2018 to purchase your pass. Purchasing your pass prior to the deadline insures that your pass will arrive to school prior to Christmas Break.
- Our Club login is: USERNAME: GANANDACS PASSWORD: GAN480. They are offering discounted parent passes again this year. It is a bonus that a pass is good for even longer this year; use on Saturday evenings from 3:00pm-10:00pm the duration of the season. If a pass is lost Bristol will be charging at least a $25.00 replacement fee.
- All students must have permission/medical form (found below) completed and returned to me. The documents can be returned to me at either the Middle School or High School. Please make sure to include a legible and current email address; communication will be emailed or updated on my Schoology page.
Feel free to contact Stephanie Drake at email@example.com or by phone at 315-986-3521 ext. 2307/3303 or Alyssa Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org. Let us know if we can be of any assistance. We look forward to another safe and exciting season.