Fall 2020 Reopening Plan Information
Our Reopening Plan includes Four Instructional Models:
- All In-Person - all students participate in in-person classes five days a week with no remote option.
- Hybrid Option 1 - some students participate in smaller in-person classes five days a week, some students opt for remote learning five days a week.
- Hybrid Option 2 - Students participate in two days of in-person instruction and three days of remote instruction. Students will be separated into two groups (A or B) and attend in-person classes on either Mondays and Tuesdays or Wednesdays and Thursdays each week.
- All Remote - all students will go to remote learning instruction
Fall of 2020 Plan: Wednesday, September 9 - Friday, January 29, 2021
Elementary Students (Pre-K through 5th Grade)
Our youngest learners are more dependent and need additional support with instruction so we have accounted for that within this instructional model by having our Pre-K through 5th-grade students reporting in-person 5 days a week.
- 8:15am for grades 3-5
- 9:00am for grades PreK full day-2
- 9:00am for Pre-K morning half-day
- 1:00pm for Pre-K afternoon half-day
- 11:45am for Pre-K morning half-day
- 3:00pm for grades 3-5
- 3:45pm for grades PreK-2
- 3:45pm for Pre-K afternoon half-day
*Times are anticipated and can change depending on how many students need transportation. These times are anticipated with a 50% self-transport rate.
Secondary Students (6th Grade through 12th Grade)
Our middle and high school students, who are more independent, will report in person 2 days a week with 3 days of remote instruction. Students will be grouped into cohorts A or B and report for in-person classes on either Mondays and Tuesdays or Wednesdays and Thursdays.
- Gananda Middle School: 7:25am
- Ruben A. Cirillo High School: 7:15am
- Gananda Middle School: 2:15pm
- Ruben A. Cirillo High School:2:25 pm
Times are anticipated and can change depending on how many students need transportation. These times are anticipated with a 50% self-transport rate.
Remote Learning Option
While we are in a Hybrid model we are allowing families to select a preference for the All Remote option if your student is unable to attend in-person due to a medically fragile condition, you have a medically fragile person within your household, or because you are not comfortable with the in-person options. **Please note this option is not available for our UPK students.
Parents Have A Choice:
As a parent, you have the choice to participate in one of three options for your student. The option selected is your commitment from the start of the school year on Wednesday, September 9 through Friday, January 29, 2021.
1. Hybrid Reopening Plan (Elementary in person 5 days per week, Middle and High School in person 2 days per week, 3 days remote). If you choose this option, you do not need to do anything to let us know your choice -- we automatically place your student in this option.
2. All Remote Learning - If you choose this option, you will need to fill out the Remote Learning Request Form by August 9, 2020.
3. Homeschool - If you choose to participate in the homeschooling option, you will need to contact Our Director of Curriculum and Instruction, Kelly VanLaeken, by email at: KVanlaeken@gananda.org by August 9, 2020.
If your student has a medical condition, we need to have the Medical Information Form filled out by August 9, 2020. We need to have the most up-to-date information on file for our students with medical conditions. This form will need to be filled out regardless of instructional choice if your child has a medical condition.
In order for us to begin our bus routing, we need to know how many students will need bus transportation versus how many students will be able to self-transport. Please fill out one Transportation Form for each child by August 9, 2020. We will need this form filled out regardless of your need for school bussing or not. This will be your commitment for the start of school from Wednesday, September 9 through Friday, January 29, 2021. Please note: Due to current restrictions with social distancing guidelines on busses, we can only accommodate one pick-up and one drop-off location per student. We will not be able to accommodate rotating schedules that change day-to-day, week-to-week or month-to-month. All designated to/from locations need to be within the Gananda Central School District.
Below is the a letter from Superintedent Van Scoy outlining our Reopening Plan for the Fall of 2020: