Gananda Central School District will be providing a Chromebook to every student attending classes in 2nd through 12th grade beginning Friday, November 2. Chromebooks are compact laptops that run and store cloud-based applications and data. They are inexpensive, easy to use, and will provide our students with a more personalized learning experience. Additional information about the program can be found in the Chromebook 1:1 Program Fact Sheet or Chromebook 1:1 Program Handbook below.
As part of this program, we will be providing training workshops to parents. The training dates are as follows:
Tuesday, October 30 at 6:30pm
Friday, November 2 at 7:30am
Friday, November 2 at 2pm
Wednesday, November 7 at 6:30pm
Parent User Agreement Forms:
Additionally, we need to have a User Agreement Form submitted from a parent/guardian of each student in 2nd-12th grade by Friday, November 2 to participate in the Take Home portion of the program. User Agreement forms can be submitted in two ways:
1. Print the form out, initial and sign the document as indicated on the form, and return it to the main office of your child(ren)'s school.
2. Sign and submit the Online User Agreement Form electronically.
Some notes about the Chromebook User Agreement:
- Chromebook User Agreements are due by Friday, November 2, 2018. If we do not have a signed agreement by November 2, 2018, your student will not be able to participate in the Take Home portion of the Program until we have a signed form.
- Only one parent needs to submit the Chromebook User Agreement Form.
- A Chromebook User Agreement Form needs to be submitted for each of your children in grades 2-12.
We look forward to rolling out this program to bring our learning into the 21st century!