About Gananda CSD
Gananda Central School District offers smaller class sizes and individual attention along with a variety of extra-curricular opportunities and a range of honors, advanced placement, and college-preparatory courses.
The Gananda Central School District educates all students for success.
The Gananda Central School District:
- offers a personalized, premier educational experience where all reach their potential,
- engages students in challenging, dynamic curricula enhanced by innovative technology to develop lifelong learners who thrive in a global society, and
- partners with staff, students, parents and community to produce students who become responsible, contributing citizens.
Size and Location
The Gananda Central School District is located in Wayne County 20 miles east of Rochester’s city center. Approximately 4,000 residents in portions of the towns of Walworth and Macedon live within the districts six square mile boundary.
- Served approximately 920 students in 2019-2020
- Average class sizes of 15-19 (K-1), 20-24 (grades 2-8)
- 2019 pupil per teacher ratio: 12:1
- Encompasses three school buildings: Richard Mann Elementary School (K-5), Gananda Middle School (6-8), and Ruben A. Cirillo High School (9-12)
Gananda Schools enjoy an outstanding reputation for an exemplary and balanced curricular and extra-curricular program designed to meet the needs of all students. Consider these facts:
- Ranked #1 in academic performance in Wayne County (Source: Business First Buffalo June 2018).
- Ranked #20 in academic performance of all 67 school districts in the eight counties within the Rochester area (Source: Business First Buffalo June 2018).
- 96% graduation rate 2017
- 95% of Gananda’s 2017 graduates earned Regents diplomas and 60% with advanced designations.
- 24.1 average composite score on the ACT. State average is 23.
- 52% of 2017 graduates took the SAT and 41% took the ACT.
- 78% of the class of 2017 intend to pursue post-secondary education/training
- Offering AP Courses in Biology, Physics, United States History, Calculus, English, and online courses in a variety of subjects.
- Offers participation in rigorous pre-college program through Project Lead The Way (PLTW) in the Biomedical, Computer Science and Engineering fields.