Registration Forms

Dear Parent/Person in Parental Relation:
Thank you for your interest in the Gananda Central School District. Please be advised the district enrollment materials have been revised to comply with section 100.2(y) of the Commissioner's Regulations as amended. 

Prior to enrolling your child in school, students must be registered. The Secretary for the Superintendent of Schools, Leslie Ferrante, is our registrar. She is located at our District Office at 1500 Dayspring Ridge and available between the hours of 8:00-4:00, Monday - Friday. The telephone number is 315-986-0610, fax: 315-986-2003.
2023-24 UPK Program Update
  • 4-year old UPK program: Anyone enrolling for the 2023-24 on or after February 13, 2023 will be placed on a waiting list.
  • 3-year old UPK program: Space is limited. Remaining openings will be given on a first come - first served basis until the program is full. Enroll today!
2023-24 Kindergarten: If your child will be 5-years old on or before December 1, 2023 please enroll them as soon as possible so we can plan accordingly.  If your child participates in the 2022-23 4-year old UPK program, you do NOT need to enroll them for kindergarten. They will automatically be placed in the 2023-24 kindergarten program. 
In order to standardize the registration process, we ask that you provide the following information along with the attached registration paperwork.

Please submit evidence establishing you and your child’s physical presence within the school district.  Such evidence may include:

  1. a copy of a residential lease or proof of ownership of a house or condominium, such as a deed or mortgage statement;
  2. a statement by a third-party landlord, owner or tenant from whom the parent(s) or person(s) in parental relation lease or with whom they share property within the District, which may be either sworn or unsworn; or
  3. such other statement by a third party establishing the parent(s) or person(s) in parental relation’s physical presence in the district.

If the documentation listed above is not available, the District will consider other forms of documentation which may include, but will not be limited to:

  • pay stub;
  • income tax form;
  • utility or other bills;
  • membership documents (e.g., library cards) based upon residency;
  • -voter registration document(s);
  • -official driver’s license, learner’s permit, or non-driver identification;
  • state or other government issued identification;
  • documents issued by federal, state, or local agencies (e.g., local social service agency, federal Office of Refugee Resettlement); or
  • evidence of custody of the child, including but not limited to, judicial custody orders or guardianship papers.

The District may also require the parent(s) to provide an affidavit either:

  1. indicating that they are the parent(s) with whom the child lawfully resides; or
  2. indicating that they are the person(s) in parental relation to the child, over whom they have total and permanent custody and control, and describing how they obtained total and permanent custody and control, whether through guardianship or otherwise.

The District will also accept other evidence of residency, such as documentation indicating that the child resides with a sponsor with whom the child has been placed by a federal agency.


The District will require documentation and/or information establishing your child’s age. Please supply a certified transcript of a birth certificate or record of baptism (including a certified transcript of a foreign birth certificate or record of baptism) giving the date of birth is available.  Where such documentation is not available, a passport (including a foreign passport) may be used.

Where birth certificate or passport is not available, the District may consider certain other evidence which has been in existence two years or more. Other evidence may include, but will not be limited to the following:

  • official driver’s license;
  • state or other government issued identification;
  • school photo identification with date of birth;
  • consulate identification card;
  • hospital or health records;
  • military dependent identification card;
  • documents issued by federal, state or local agencies (e.g., local social service agency, federal Office of Refugee Resettlement);
  • court orders or other court-issued documents;
  • Native American tribal document; or
  • records from non-profit international aid agencies and voluntary agencies.


In accordance with the New York State Public Health Law, the District must also receive evidence that your child has been immunized in accordance with the New York State Department of Heath Immunization Bureau’s Immunization Requirements for School Entrance/Attendance. These records will be necessary to ensure your child’s continued attendance. Additionally, please provide us with records of any recent physical examination your child has received. New York State mandates that each new student entering a public school is required to have a physical examination upon entering the District. A physical completed no more than twelve months before the first day of the school year in question will meet this requirement.


Please complete the free and reduced priced lunch application and return with the registration form if applicable. If your child previously attended school in New York State and previously received free or a reduced priced lunch, you do NOT need to resubmit an application for this school year. If you are new to New York State a new application is needed. A new application must be submitted at the beginning of each school year.

If you have any questions with respect to the foregoing, please do not hesitate to contact Leslie Ferrante at 315-986-0610.

Very truly yours,

Shawn Van Scoy, Ed.D.
Superintendent of Schools


School districts may not request information that could keep or discourage students from enrolling with the district based on their own or their parents’ immigration status. If you believe the District has made such inquiries during the enrollment process, or to file a civil rights complaint concerning a potentially discriminatory enrollment policy or practice, you may contact the:

Office of the New York State Attorney General
Civil Rights Bureau
120 Broadway, 23rd Floor
New York, New York 10271
Telephone: (212) 416-8250 or (800) 771-7755
Fax: (212) 416-8074