The Road to 2020
Gananda has not undergone a significant building project in fifteen years – since the building of Ruben A. Cirillo High School. Furthermore, Gananda Middle School and Richard Mann Elementary have been in operation for 40 years and 30 years, respectively. As a community, we have a responsibility to ensure that our facilities remain usable, safe, and in top shape for our students attending Gananda in 2020 and beyond.
The charge of the Facilities Advisory Committee is twofold:
- Review and development of a roofing project at Richard Mann Elementary, to be completed in 2017.
- Review and completion of a district-wide improvement project that will focus on ensuring Gananda provides future students with appropriate, adequate facilities.
To meet these goals, members of the Facilities Advisory Council will:
- Partner with district architects to understand the needs, options, and alternatives available to the district in relation to our current building resources.
- Meet with the district’s financial consultants to understand implications of recommendations made.
- Review Gananda’s current facilities as well as the five-year building condition survey, gather feedback from the community and make recommendations to the board of education.
August 14, 6 pm in the Board Room at the Middle School
August 7, 6 pm in the Board Room at the Middle School
July 30, 7 pm in the Library at the Elementary School
July 24, 6 pm in the Library at the Middle School
July 17, at 6 pm at the Elementary School.
The Kick-Off Meeting was held on Tuesday, July 8 and attended by 13 members.