Ruben A. Cirillo High School offers a unique program entitled "Work Based Learning." This program, now in its second year, is designed to give students an advantage in the real-world by offering real life experience in the working world before graduation. Students gain first-hand knowledge about careers through participation in activities such as company tours, shadowing, and listening to guest speakers. Connections with local businesses help provide these enriching opportunities.
Benefits of Joining The Work Based Learning Program:
- Students gain valuable, transferable career skills that can be used immediately in the workforce.
- Students gain first-hand knowledge about careers.
- Students make connections with local businesses.
- Students connect classroom learning to real-world experience.
What are the requirements to join?
- Students must be at least 16 years of age.
- All required class assignments must be completed and student needs to be in good academic standing.
- An attendance record of 90% or better is required.
- A positive attitude is required.
How do I join?
- Contact Audra Marang, Gananda's Work Based Learning Coordinator, at email@example.com or (315) 986-3521 ext. 3170. You may also see her in person in Room 170 at Ruben A. Cirillo High School (just outside the Guidance Office).
- Fill out an application and include parental approval.
I'm a Business - how do I participate as a partner?
We are always looking for businesses interested in connecting with us. If you or your business are interested in making a "Career Connection" contact Audra Marang at firstname.lastname@example.org
or (315) 986-3521 ext. 3170.