Ed Law 2D and Part 121
Ed Law 2D, and accompanying regulations, known as Part 121, require that schools protect Student Personally Identifiable Information (PII). Personally Identifiable Information (PII) is defined as information that alone, or in combination, is linkable to a specific student that would allow a reasonable person in the school community to identify the student. Personallly Identifiable Information is defined as, but not limited to:
- Student Name
- Student ID Number
- Student Email Address
- Contact Names
- Student or Contact Addresses
- Student Photos
- Video of Students
- Student Birthdate
- Student Birthplace
- Student Medical Information
- Special Education Information
- Identifiable Educator/Principal APPR Rating Components
Gananda is committed to:
- Protecting the confidentiality of student PII and certain teacher and principal PII (confidential APPR data)
- Posting the Parent's Bill of Rights for Data Privacy and Security.
- Working with vendors that are compliant with the law and regulations. A list of the privacy policies for the software packages provided through these vendors can be found here.
- Delivering annual privacy and security awareness training to all employees with access to protected data.
- Creating and publishing a complaint process if you suspect a breach or unauthorized release of student data and/or protected teacher or principal data.
- Appointing a Data Protection Officer to monitor compliance with the regulations.